January 6th, 2022
SCIA Membership Drive
for more information, to pick up a membership form or fill out the form on this website to get you membership started. Any business or individual can reap the benfits of SCIA membership.
November 4th, 2021
Rapp Park Trout Fish Out November 13th
Bring the family and your fishing poles to Rapp Park for a Trout Fish Out event Saturday November 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Shenandoah Chamber & Industry Association is sponsoring the activity in conjunction with Optimal Aquafeed, Iowa Department of Natural Resources and Page and Fremont County Conservation.
Iowa DNR will transport 400-500 1 lb. to 2½ lb. Rainbow Trout from Optimal Aquafeed Aquaculture facility to the east lake at Rapp County Park one and a half miles north of Shenandoah on Highway 48.
A valid Iowa fishing license with Trout Stamp is required to participate. Shenandoah businesses that sell fishing licenses are Orscheln Farm & Home Supply, CBS Hardware, Walmart and they are available at County Court Houses. No license is required for youth under 16 years old when accompanied by a fully licensed adult. There will be a limit of five Trout per day per stamp including youth and a 10 Trout possession limit over the two-day weekend.
SCIA will conduct a raffle for kids participating to win fishing gear and chamber bucks. Registration will be under the park shelter. Contact SCIA for more information, 712-246-3455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
September 12th, 2021
11th Annual Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon, Half & Relay Sept. 10th
· 11th Annual Race, locally-organized by Shenandoah Chamber & Industry Association, Southwest Iowa Nature Trails, City of Imogene and Sons & Daughters of Imogene
· Electronic Chip Timing, USATF Certified, Boston Qualifier
· The Wabash Trace Nature Trail is a mostly flat, tree-lined converted railroad line crossing through scenic Iowa countryside with a crushed limestone surfacing
· Out & back races begin and end in Shenandoah for both the Marathon and Marathon Relay. Point-to-point Half Marathon begins in Imogene and finishes in Shenandoah
· Relay team divisions: Co-ed, Female, and Male
· 7:30 am start for Marathon & Relay in downtown Shenandoah; 8:00 am start for Half Half at Imogene’s St. Patrick Church
· 6 Hour time limit, finish line closes at 1:30
· Unique & fun water stations every 2 miles, first aid & emergency service on the trail
· Sign-up available for morning-of bus
transportation from Shenandoah to Half
Marathon start in Imogene. Bus will return
drop bags to Depot for pick-up at end of race.
· Early packet & t-shirt pickup in Shenandoah (100 S. Maple St.) Friday, Sept. 9, 4-7 p.m. or at each start the morning of
· Showers near finish line (423 W. Thomas Ave.)
· Medals, snacks & beverages at the finish. Awards presented at Depot Restaurant with free beer!